Re: USB version of JAWS

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:56:51 -0900

Okay, this is going to depend a lot on what you are doing and could be
complicated.

If your workstations use a network drive for their boot process the
video intercept will need to be part of the OS profile that gets
loaded every time the machines boot.  Otherwise you are going to have
to install the video intercept driver onto every machine that a JAWS
user needs access to.

Either way, however, by using domain based roaming profiles you should
be able to set up the stations such that JAWS starts automatically for
those users who need it.  And if the 40 minute demo mode is good
enough then going the USB route shouldn't be necessary.

This does not solve the log in screen, but Narrator does function
there if you hit WIN+U.

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx
Alternative archives located at: