Re: Turning off blank line announcement

  • From: "Geraldine Meeker" <gerichas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:55:43 -0700

Hello Norma:

This is the way I am able to have blank lines spoken.

  If you go to the default
Configuration Manager (JAWSKey+6, then CTRL+SHIFT+D), and select "customize
Punctuations" under Set Options (ALT+S, then P), there's an Advanced button
there before the OK button (SHIFT+TAB three times) and the first item is for
blank lines. Then there's an Edit Description button you can tab to and
activate, with the word "blank" entered by default. You can replace that but
note that it will not accept no entry so you have to put a single space
character. Doing this will have JAWS saying nothing when you arrow through
text and encounter blank lines. Is that what you're looking for?

Geraldine Meeker