Try again / OCR Reply

  • From: "Dave Mitchell" <mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 06:32:41 -0700

Don't know what  happened in my recent post as not all text got transmitted.
I tried in vane to reply to Everett off list but of course the Insert +
Shift + R keystroke still does not work.  DJM
            Hi Everett,  I found your post very helpful and instructive
concerning Scanners and OCR.
I am using JAWS 9 and XP Home with an old HP scanner and a demo of Open
Book.

Does the ABBEY Finereader product have its own speech or can it use JAWS?

A quick search for the Fujitsu Scansnap S500 showed a $349 price after a $50
rebate until 30 September from Tiger Direct, FWIW.

This combination of OCR with the Fujitsu scanner sounds like a great
solution to me as I find the Open Book product insanely over priced for my
humble needs.

Thanks again for your help.  Mitch