Re: Trouble using Addaware

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:26:44 -0700

It sounds like your problem is unzipping the scripts. Below I'll paste
instructions on scripts from the jfwlite helpful hints page. I usually just
muddle through the zip stuff to get them to the right directory. First you
have to use the JAWS cursor to find and hit the "I agree" button as per the
contract agreement page.

All scripts for Jaws should be placed in the C:\jawsXXX\settings\enu folder
where XXX is your version of Jaws.

There are two kinds of scripts files, one is called a self extracting file
and the file has an extenion of exe and with that type of file, it will
automatically unzip to the settings enu folder.  Run the file and if you are
using another version of jaws other than what it says in the unzip to folder
field, you will need to change that to your version of Jaws.  Then tab to
the unzip button and enter and it wil tell you the number of files it
installed.  Then tab to close and enter.

The other kind of script file has a file extension of zip and with those
files you must specify the folder you want to unzip the files to.  On these
type
of script files, select the file that you downloaded, and press your windows
application key.  If you use winzip you should be able to arrow down on the
context menu to extract to and hit enter.  When you hit enter on extract to,
that will bring up the winzip extract dialog and you will be in an edit
field where you can type in the folder name you want to extract the files
to.
Type in C:\jaws450\settings\enu (or the version of jaws you use).  You can
also tab to a treeview of all your folders and select the folder that way.
Then tab to the extract button and hit enter.  Then you can close out winzip
with alt f4.
This will extract all the files that were in the zip file into the directory
you
specified.