RE: Tip of the Day: Manually Starting JAWS As a Service

  • From: "Chris Jenkins" <saveup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:50:56 -0400

Hello Daniel.

One of the reasons to have jaws running as a service is so Jaws for Windows
will speak at the logon screen.  Suppose you have multiple users using a
single machine jaws should be running at the logon screen when one user logs
off and another user logs on.  This is what happens when you have jaws start
automatically.  This is also the reason that some people want to start jaws
as a service when Jaws needs to be restarted.  Jaws will not speak at the
logon screen if you start jaws is a normal program.

I hope this helps.