Re: Tip of the Day: Manually Starting JAWS As a Service

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:54:31 -0700

CHRIS,

Sure there is. It's a basic setting in the Jaws "window." If you have Jaws
running in the task bar, just alt tab to that window. If you have it running
in the system tray, press insert j to bring up the window.

Now go into the OptionS  menu. You may be able to open it simply by pressing
the alt key, or you might have to press alt and then o. But when you're on
that menu title, use your arrow keys (on my copy of Jaws I would right
arrow) to the first item, Basics.

Now use your Tab key to go through the list of options in this menu. When
you get to the one labeled Start Jaws Automatically, press your space bar to
check that check box.

Now tab to OK and press enter, and your choice will be saved. Next time you
boot your computer or restart Windows, Jaws will load automatically as a
service, instead of your having to launch it from the desktop, start menu or
with a shortcut keystroke.

Hope that helps.