RE: Thoughts on NEw JAWS

  • From: "jim grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:34:43 -0700

How offten do  you use a physical mouse? What is the point? Jaws has a
perfectly good keyboard bassed mouse.  It might be nice to have the
physical mouse speak as it is moved and if you are holding down a key a
tone to sound showing you witch direction the mouse is being move yes
this might be a nice feature that people could turn on or off I
personaly would leave it off for I have no interest in being told about
every I inavertenly hit the mouse but some might like it.  How ever I
hardly think that this is a major consern at this time.  Remoat access
is a major consern.  Getting sun to allow jaws to distribute the java
access bridge and install it with the setup program is another major
thing that should happen. A video intercept maniger that can detect that
windows update just updated the video drivers and install intercept
before the system is rebooted  a sound if that  fells letting you know
that jaws installed the video intercept and your system needs to be
rebooted to use jaws.  How about access to more programs.  I have a
dream a real dream that one day I can by what ever program I want to use
as long as it is not a video game and install it and my screen reader
will read it.  That is the most emportant thing to me is being able to
do what I need to do easyly quicly and intuatively.