Re: The list

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:08:33 -0600

The list is run by the list owner, and hence, if the list owner does not
want messages about other topics to be posted, they won't be. Being a list
owner myself, I can understand some of the frustrations. People either
don't know, or don't care where their  e-mails go, they just think oh i'll
just send it to this list and get a quick answer.  But it's like going to a
baseball game and asking about football or another sport. It just doesn't
fit well.  So topics are definitely important on technicle lists.  General
chat lists are for just that, general chat type of things.