Re: The Optacon wow! good explanation

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:18:30 -0700

Hi Gary,

Yeah, I would not want to purchase something that does not have all the
components to it.  Plus, it does not have the immediate feedback on what is
being scanned in the way that the Optacon had.  For that money, I can get a
scanner, computer and OCR software to do the same thing.  The only thing
they did is make it portable and have some options that aren't available
right now.  You're right, I'm not that brave to put down $950 to see if it
works.  Thanks!

Francis