Re: Thank you for the shortcut key on the thesaurus

  • From: tickpub@xxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:08:45 -0800

Here is the copy of the message but the headers i did not copy.
Nicol,
Yes it is possible to get Word 2003 to use the same Thesaurus dialogue
as Word 2000 (or Word 97, come to that).
In Word, open the Tools menu and choose Customise.  Tab to the Keyboard
button and press it. In the Categories list, go to Tools. Tab to the
Commands list and go to ToolsThesaurus. Note that the one below this is
ToolsThesaurusRR. The former is the old style dialogue, while the latter
is the newfangled one. By default the Shift + F7 is assigned to
ToolsThesaurusRR, and what you want to do is reassign the keystroke to
ToolsThesaurus. While on ToolsThesaurus, Tab to the "press new shortcut
key edit" and press Shift + F7. Press Enter twice, the first time to
reassign the keystroke, the second to close the conversation and return
the Customise dialogue. Tab to the Close button and press it.
You should now find that the Shift + F7 keystroke opens the old
dialogue. If you want to use the new system, you can still get to it
from the Tools menu, Language submenu.
Steve