Re: TextAloud scripts

  • From: "Hank & Patty" <hank1patty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:35:43 -0400

Hello Leslie

Thanks for the reply e-mail.  It appears you seem to use TextAloud fairly often
to convert text files to mp3 files, so I really hope you can give me some
helpful suggestions for the following big problem I'm having in TextAloud with
jfw7 when I try to convert a text file to a mp3 file using the speak to file
menu selection.

With the text file open on the screen in TextAloud that I want to convert,
after I hit enter on
speak to file on the speak menu to instruct TextAloud that I want to convert
this file to mp3, I then tab backwards and forward and see the edit box where
you confirm the folder in which you want to put this converted mp3 file, so I
do this .  Then I tab and all that is there, other than the edit box for
the correct folder, there is just an okay button so I hit enter on the okay
button.
Next I tab backwards and forwards and finally land on the edit box in which you
enter the filename     that you want to call this newly created converted mp3
file, so I enter a filename.  Next I tab and and all that I see is the slider
adjustment button for I believe it is volume.  Next I tab again and there is
nothing, no more buttons to land on.  So then I also tab backwards with shift
tab looking for an okay button to start the converting process, but there is no
okay button, I can only go back to the edit box where you enter the filename,
you cannot go
backwards any further than the filename edit box.

So this is where I'm really stuck, how do you start the converting process
after you have enter the filename that you want to call it?  Where is the okay
button to tell TextAloud to start the converting process? or is there an okay
button or do I need to look for another button to hit enter on to start the
conversion process to a newly created mp3 file?  If you can please help me out
with this, I would be so much appreciative.  I really hope you can help me out
with this as I have a bunch of books on my computer in text format that I
really want to start converting to a newly created mp3 file for each of the
books, so I can listen to them using the voice Mike or Crystal on my mp3
player.  Thanks very much in advance if you are able to help me out.  I'm using
jfw7 and have 512 mags of ram.

Frustrated TextAloud user

Hank Merchant Jr.