From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2009 12:27 PM
Subject: Re: Switching from Windows XP to Windows 7

Not win7, but I had a heck of a time getting used to vista from xp.
There are enough differences with how the start menu is organized that
it took some head banging before I understood it.  There are also a
lot of changes in the control panel, far more link style buttons and
fewer of the easier to use property page style applets.

Applications shouldn't be much of an issue though.

On 12/27/09, tom behler <tombehler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, folks.
>
> I know I'm going to get varying oppinions on this, but I figured this
> would
> be a good place to ask my question.
>
> Basically, my old home PC needs to be replaced.  It is a Windows XP
> machine,
> with Office 2003 on it.  I do use Office 2007 on an XP machine at work,
> though, and am gradually getting used to it.
>
> My question is this:  How much of a learning curve would be involved if I
> replaced the home PC with a new computer using Windows 7?  I know that I
> will have to download the 64-bit version of Jaws 11 to accommodate the new
> Windows 7 platform, but am not sure how much of a learning curve changing
> Windows 7 will involve.
>
> Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom Behler in Colorado