Re: Strikethrough in a Email address?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:33:58 -0800

P.S. These discussion can sometimes get awfully abstract.  May I add that I
had normal, functional vision until I was over fifty years old, and that I
had correspondence  with people in Europe, visited Europe, had friends from
Mexico city and Buenos Aires, and saw with my own eyes how universal the
crossed seven was as a handwriting custom.  But believe me, everywhere in
the world, the American seven is recognized.  The only reason the person
write down that email address as they did is what I said below.  It's
because that's how they write a seven, not how it is on the keyboard or in
the email address itself.