RE: Strange problem with jaws.

  • From: "The Smiths" <smithpak@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 13:40:41 +1200

We had loss of Jaws after a recently downloading an update on our daughters
laptop (a windows optional

  upgrade labelled IDT-Audio-IDT High Definition Audio Codec).  She turned
on the laptop and visually the Jaws icon was in the system tray but we had
no speech.  At desktop the audio icon in the system tray showed "no audio
output device is installed". We were given the helpful advice from a list
member to "try rolling back to the previous driver and see if this helps".
It did!  All speech was restored.  Don't know whether this will be of help
to you, probably a different issue, but it was a first for us and luckily
the solution worked.

Kind Regards

Phyl. Smith