Re: Spell Check as you type

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 14:43:01 -0700

It really depends on what the two words are.  For instance, in Word XP and
probably in earlier versions as well, if you type the two words Iknow and
leave off the space as I just did, and then run the word spell checker, one
of the choices you are given by the spell checker is the phrase I
know.  You could, once you have highlighted that phrase with the arrows,
either make the change to your current document with alt-c, change all
occurrences of this error with alt-l, or add the fix to your autocorrect
list with alt-r, such that, the next time you make this error, Word will
fix it without your being aware the repair is made.

If you leave out a space between two less common words, Word may not offer
the two word phrase as a suggestion.  In this case, you can manually make
the change, and if this isa phrase you often run together, you can hit
alt-r after making the edit to add the error and its associated correction
to your autocorrect list.

Hope this makes sense.

Dean