Re: Shortcut key?

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:28:54 -0400

with all due respect, that is not always true!  You cannot always make
that assumption.  In the same way that you cannot always assume by
pressing the letter Y for the YES option or the letter N for the NO
option in a particular program is going to perform the choice that is
highlighted.  Instead, the ENTER key or clicking the mouse button are
the only ways to activate the choice that is highlighted.

I have come across a number of experiences where I assumed that I only
had to press the OK button for any changes I had made in a menu ore a
dialog to be saved, only to find that they had not.

But, when I went back and made the changes again and pressed the Apply
button and then pressed the OK button to leave whatever dialog or menu
I was in, I found that the changes I made, had been accepted and
therefore were in effect.

So, as a matter of course, I now always use the Apply button to accept
any changes before pressing the OK button.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber