RE: Setting up a basic access database

Hi,

I have to dig this info out of the deepest, darkest part of my brain so ...

Once you are in access, go to the file menu and choose "new". Access will
give you a default name which you should change to whatever you want. You
will then be prompted to create a data table. Under no circumstances should
you choose to use the wizard because it's way harder to do it that way.
Choose something which I think is called design view. Once you've chosen
that option you are ready to define your data fields. You will want to tab
to get from one prompt to the next. They are, I think, data name, data type
(alpha or numeric or mixed) and discription. If you press f1 you can get
help on any of these fields. Once you've entered all the fields you think
you'll need you should save your data table.

This will get you started. Now I have to remember what comes next.

I took a very basic class a couple of years ago in this and other ms apps
but it's been a long time.

Hope this helps.

Kimberly