RE: Setting different speech rates for different applications

  • From: "Lisle, Ted \(CHFS DMS\)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:11:11 -0500

You can use different voices for different apps. Actually, you can use
different synth, if you wish; just use the synthesizer menu in
Configuration Manager to create custom configurations.  Before you
commit to anything, you can always use the hot key combination to switch
on the fly, and se what works.

If you use Real Speak, you can change its speed unilaterally, either
globally or in individual app.  It's a little harder to get some changes
to stick than Eric implies in his instructions, but it can be done, even
if you have to go through the voice menu, but that's probably a subject
for another time.

This app has gotten so flexible that you're limited by little more than
your desire and your imagination--a long way from the basic
transportation of JAWS 1.X.

Ted