Re: Seeking accessible offline dictionaries

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:51:16 +0530

Hi all,

I have tried wordweb and it does work out of the box. However, its definitions are not comprehensive enough for me. I prefer random house or the American Heritage dictionary. Even the talking dictionary is quite good.

Pranav
on Sunday 11/6/2005 01:53 AM, harry bates said:
The free WordWeb dictionary version 3 at this address:
http://www.jfwlite.com/programs.html
works quite well without scripts in jaws, and it even works without a word
processer program in your computer.