Re: Second Public Beta Update Now Available
- From: "brandon b" <serrebi101@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:49:56 -0700
installed for me fine.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Toews" <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:09 PM
Subject: Second Public Beta Update Now Available
The following is from Eric at Freedom Scientific. the 2nd update for the public beta is now available
Public Beta update number 2 has been posted!
Freedom Scientific is pleased to announce that we have posted another update today for the JAWS 7.1 Public Beta. We posted JAWS 7.10.256 first on March 17, 2006. We then provided the first update to 7.10.321 on April 17 via the Check for Updates feature in the Help Menu. Today, we have rolled out version 7.10.332 for all 7.1 users. Just use the "Check for Updates" feature in the help menu now and it will download and install the latest Public Beta version.
Note that it is not necessary that the first update was installed. This new one includes everything that was in the first one as well. If you have not installed any of the Public Beta builds yet, you can start today by downloading the public beta version 7.10.256 from the web site and then check for updates to get it up to the latest build.
Below are the fixes we have done so far in the 7.1 cycle! Regards, Eric Damery
Fixes released in the Second (latest) update on April 27th!
1. Resolved several issues related to the Automatic Updates feature for users of Windows XP. 2. Unable to resolve the update feature working in Windows 2000, so it will be disabled for this operating system for now. 3. In the Verbosity Options dialog box in Configuration Manager, the state of check boxes is now correctly reported when you select or clear them by pressing the SPACEBAR. 4. Resolved an issue where JAWS was not reading the the Adjust JAWS Verbosity dialog box correctly. 5. The responsiveness of JAWS has been increased when moving through dialog boxes with the TAB key. 6. JAWS now says "Context Menu" instead of "Menu" when you open a context menu. The focus is also correctly moved to the first command on the menu. 7. JAWS no longer announces "unavailable" or "read-only" when logging on to Windows or other applications. 8. When you use the JAWS Find feature, JAWS now reads the current line when it finds a match. 9. JAWS now announces whether an item is selected when navigating a list of files or folders with CTRL+UP or DOWN ARROW. 10. JAWS no longer announces unnecessary information when you move to a new tab in a multi-page dialog box. 11. You can now successfully switch to an ANSI braille table. 12. The demonstration version of FSReader is now installed with JAWS, instead of the full desktop version (which requires an authorization code to use). 13. JAWS now supports reading PDF documents embedded in Internet Explorer. 14. Internet Explorer no longer fails when you access Roadrunner Web-based e-mail. 15. JAWS now reads Web pages correctly after you use the JAWS Find feature to search for text. 16. Resolved an issue where JAWS was only reading the first letter of a heading on a certain Web site. 17. In Internet Explorer/Firefox, keyboard help for CTRL+ENTER has been corrected. 18. When MAGic is running, JAWS now correctly announces check boxes in the Add/Remove Programs dialog box of ActiveSync. 19. When using MAGic 9.50 or later, you can now pan the screen while JAWS is running. 20. JAWS now consistently announces access keys in Microsoft Office applications. 21. In Outlook, selecting items in combo boxes in the Advanced Find dialog box now works correctly. 22. When you open a message in Outlook and perform the Say All command, JAWS no longer reads the message header information while the Say All is in progress. 23. In Outlook, when you start entering a new appointment time, press ESC, and then press RIGHT ARROW, you no longer hear a message about a list box 24. In Outlook, JAWS now speaks the correct information when you press HOME or END to move to the beginning or end of a message. 25. In Outlook, resolved an issue where JAWS was not reading certain messages after you selected multiple messages and then pressed DELETE to delete them. 26. In the Outlook 2003 Address book, JAWS now announces information correctly when moving through the Contacts list with UP and DOWN ARROW. 27. In Outlook, items in several different list boxes are now read correctly when navigating with UP or DOWN ARROW. 28. In Outlook, contacts are now announced properly when you move through the Address Book. 29. Resolved an issue where, when running JAWS with MAGic, JAWS would fail when performing a certain action in Outlook. 30. In Outlook, the unread status of a message is now correctly announced when you press CTRL+D to return to the message list. 31. In Outlook, JAWS no longer speaks items in the Save In list of the Save As dialog box multiple times. 32. In Word and PowerPoint, JAWS correctly reads information in the Adjust JAWS Verbosity dialog box when you navigate with TAB or SHIFT+TAB. 33. In Word, typing echo responsiveness has been improved. 34. In Word, tutor messages are no longer announced before and after the control name in all dialog boxes. 35. In Word, the Back button in the Save As dialog box is now spoken consistently. 36. In Excel, JAWS now announces the correct word when you are editing cell content and move to the next/previous word with CTRL+LEFT ARROW or CTRL+RIGHT ARROW. 37. In Microsoft Access XP/2003, when you press INSERT+TAB in the Sample Fields list box, an arbitrary number is no longer announced. 38. In MSN Messenger, resolved an issue where JAWS was slow to announce characters that you typed when using a hardware or SAPI synthesizer. 39. In MSN Messenger, certain information in the hot key help was corrected/added. 40. Resolved a number of issues in AudibleManager. In addition, Audible has restored the keystrokes to increase volume (CTRL+U) and decrease volume (CTRL+D). Also, SHIFT+B now toggles between CD Burn mode and Device Mode. 41. In Lotus Notes, JAWS now uses the Virtual PC Cursor when navigating read-only documents. 42. Resolved a number of issues that affect Lotus Notes. 43. In Eclipse, you can now read the code in the editor.
Fixes released in the first update on April 17th!
1. Scripts and other improvements for the Automatic Updates feature have been added and will be installed with this first update. Unfortunately, you will only experience the benefit of these improvements during subsequent updates. As a result, the first time you run the check for updates feature, you will find that it is not reading as well as it will be in the future. 2. When Eloquence encountered a specific misspelling or typo of the word "seizure" and "have," the synthesizer failed, causing JAWS users to lose speech. An error message sometimes displayed as well. This issue has been resolved in the latest JAWS public beta update. If you are using a previous version of JAWS (7.0 or earlier) or other Freedom Scientific product with ViaVoice or Eloquence speech, refer to this Technical Support Notice <http://www.freedomsci.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=911%20> for information on downloading a patch that will prevent this problem from affecting your software. 3. When attempting to install the DecTalk USB synthesizer, you are no longer prompted to specify which COM port you want to use. 4. Freedom Scientific has made several miscellaneous corrections for reported errors in the JAWS help system. 5. The first time you install JAWS on a computer, the system will be automatically restarted before the installation process begins if it has been running for longer than 30 minutes. This prevents the talking installer from timing out. 6. During installation, if shared files for braille, Eloquence, or FSDOMS are not all installed, a message displays in order to warn you. 7. Resolved an issue reported by some customers where the talking installer failed to initialize during installation. 8. You can now specify serial ports for Braillex El displays in the Synthesizer and Braille Manager. 9. JAWS no longer announces graphics in the Synthesizer and Braille Manager when you navigate the list of selectable items. 10. When you move to any standard combo box and use the arrow keys to select items, the newly selected item in the list is no longer shown as a Braille Flash message. 11. The JAWS Find feature now works correctly when Enhanced Edit Mode is on or when used in WordPad, Outlook, and other applications. 12. Corrected grammar error reported by customers in the "remove shared components" message. 13. The Merge Utility is now available. 14. The Access Code button in the JAWS About dialog box has been renamed. It is now the Special Update Code button. 15. Two new check boxes have been added to the Advanced Options dialog box, which can be accessed by choosing the Advanced button in the Basic Settings dialog box. These check boxes allow you to enable or disable remote access client and server support. 16. JAWS no longer repeats information multiple times when you navigate extended and multiple selection list boxes. 17. In Windows Explorer, JAWS no longer announces the name of a folder twice after you rename it, press ENTER, and then press UP or DOWN ARROW. 18. When performing a Say All, the position of the Virtual Cursor is now correctly updated so that when you stop, you can begin reading again from the expected location on the page. 19. If a Web page contains combo boxes with thousands of entries, JAWS is now much more responsive when the page is loaded and the combo box is accessed. 20. Headings (and their levels) are now reported correctly when moving through a Web page with Navigation Quick Keys. 21. JAWS now correctly remembers the position of the Virtual cursor when two Internet Explorer windows are open. 22. Resolved an issue where JAWS was repeatedly reading Flash content on a page when you switched to Forms Mode and navigated to form fields. 23. If Flash content is suppressed in Default.jcf on the Misc tab of the HTML Options dialog, it no longer appears on Web pages. 24. You can now switch to Forms Mode while in combo boxes that are embedded in headings. 25. While you are in an open combo box on a Web page, you can now exit Forms Mode by pressing NUM PAD PLUS. 26. The PlaceMarker List (CTRL+SHIFT+K) dialog box now displays correctly even when you are at the top line of a Web page. 27. When you move to the next/previous element and no more elements are found, JAWS no longer moves to a blank line and announces an incorrect message. 28. Resolved an issue affecting the useability of the Windows Update site. 29. Text formatted with the HTML <CENTER> tag is now displayed and announced correctly. 30. JAWS now reads the underlying URL and ALT attributes correctly when you are in Forms Mode and move to a hyperlink. 31. JAWS now reads and navigates combo boxes formatted as headings or contained within heading tags. 32. In Outlook, JAWS no longer announces the window name each time you use the arrow keys to select a time slot. 33. In Outlook, resolved an issue reported by some customers where JAWS was not announcing the group name of "Grouped by" messages when they collapsed the group. 34. In Outlook, double speaking of items no longer occurs when you press HOME, END, PAGE UP, or PAGE DOWN in the message list. 35. In Outlook, items in the message list are no longer spelled when you delete messages rapidly. 36. In Outlook, attachments are no longer announced with the caps voice. 37. In Outlook, JAWS no longer announces the message deleted from the list, rather than the newly selected message. 38. In Outlook, JAWS is correctly announcing collapsed and expanded statuses. 39. In Outlook, JAWS now reads the currently selected message in the message list when MAGic is running. 40. In Outlook, the position of the Virtual Cursor is now properly updated in HTML messages when you activate same page links. 41. In Outlook, when you open the Virtual View in an empty inbox, you no longer hear zero items. 42. In Outlook/Outlook Express, pressing INSERT+F7 now correctly announces the misspelled word and suggestion in Spell Check. 43. In Outlook Express, JAWS now says "Edit" instead of "Page read-only" when you move to the Message field. 44. In Outlook Express, JAWS no longer double-speaks list items in the Rules Wizard and Export Address Book dialog box. 45. In Outlook Express, line breaks are now recognized when you are reading e-mail messages. 46. In Outlook Express, if you manually maximize the message edit window, reading commands no longer temporarily stop working until you switch to another program with ALT+TAB. 47. In Outlook Express, JAWS no longer announces position information when you delete a message in the message list. 48. In Word, a "ding" sound no longer plays when you use DOWN ARROW to cross a page boundary. 49. Resolved an issue reported by some customers in Word where certain lines in a paragraph were not being announced. 50. In Word, revisions are no longer spoken twice when you change the Revisions reading setting in the Adjust JAWS Verbosity (INSERT+V) dialog box. 51. In Word, multiple leading tabs for a paragraph no longer cause JAWS to skip text during Say All. 52. When you activate Navigation Quick Keys in Word (INSERT +Z) and check items like spelling mistakes (M) or revisions (R), you can now press the APPLICATION Key and go to the context menu without turning off Navigation Quick Keys. When you return to the document, Navigation Quick Keys remain active. This feature was requested by a customer during a CSUN presentation. 53. In Word, when you press INSERT+H in the document window while Navigation Quick Keys are enabled, the list of Navigation Quick Keys is now displayed along with the other hot keys. 54. In Excel, when you press CTRL+SHIFT+A, select "Custom," and press ENTER, you no longer receive an error message. 55. In Excel, resolved an issue reported by some customers where JAWS was not reading certain edit fields when they gained focus. 56. In Excel, resolved a problem with the first column or row associated with a title reading the title when the cell gains focus. 57. In Excel, when you move to the first cell associated with a title row/column, JAWS announces the title. 58. In Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, non-contiguous selection in list views now works correctly. 59. In Excel, when a merged cell is part of a title area, JAWS can now announce the merged cell as part of the row/column titles when related cells gain focus. 60. Some edit fields in Excel and Access were not speaking when they gained focus. JAWS should now read these fields properly. 61. In PowerPoint, double speaking of text in Normal and Slide Show modes no longer occurs when you press ENTER twice to create blank lines between text. 62. In PowerPoint, words in the list of spelling suggestions are now spoken and spelled as you move through the list. 63. In the Query design view in Microsoft Access XP/2003, JAWS now reads the items contained in the Fields list box when you use the arrow keys to move through the list. Position information is also announced. 64. In Microsoft Access XP/2003, JAWS now reads tri-state check boxes correctly and displays their state in braille. 65. In Microsoft Access XP/2003, JAWS now correctly speaks the page name when moving between the tabs of the Customize dialog box. 66. In Microsoft Access XP/2003, JAWS now correctly reads the current item in the combo boxes found in the Commands tab of the Customize dialog box. 67. In Microsoft Access XP/2003, JAWS now correctly displays the state of check boxes on forms in braille. 68. In Microsoft Access XP/2003, JAWS now correctly speaks position and item information when you navigate the list of tables in the Show Table dialog box of the Query Design view. 69. In Microsoft Access 2003, JAWS now correctly reads the selected item in the Adjust JAWS Verbosity dialog box. 70. In MSN Messenger, pressing ALT+0 now reads message thread 10 instead of thread 1. 71. In MSN Messenger, JAWS no longer occassionally stops to echo characters after you send a long message. 72. A Yahoo Messenger entry has been added to ConfigNames.ini 73. In WordPad, if you copy text, quit WordPad, restart WordPad, and paste the text, the correct text is now inserted into the document. This issue did not occur if you had a braille display attached. 74. After opening a form in Adobe Reader 7 and pressing a Navigation Quick Key, JAWS now correctly reads the element that gains focus. 75. In Adobe Acrobat/Reader 7.0.5, JAWS now correctly reads controls in the Find dialog box. 76. In Lotus Notes, JAWS now reads the labels of all fields in the Meeting Notice and New Contact forms. 77. Resolved a number of issues related to Java and Java applications.
Fixes released in the first posting on March 17th!
1. Pressing the CTRL key now stops speech immediately, even when using a slow speech rate. In order to facilitate this change, the Reading Interrupt check box was removed from the User Options dialog box in Configuration Manager. Reading interrupt is always enabled now and cannot be disabled. 2. Resolved an issue where JAWS was sometimes not announcing window titles and program names when you switched to them by pressing ALT+TAB. 3. When you use first letter navigation in a list view that you have customized with the Customize List View feature, JAWS now correctly announces the item that you move to. 4. Navigation and usability has been improved for the Add/Remove Programs dialog box in the Windows Control Panel. 5. You can once again press TAB or SHIFT+TAB to move to links in the Virtual Viewer just as you can in Web pages. 6. JAWS now indicates when you reach the top or bottom of a document while reading by line, sentence, or paragraph. 7. In the Windows Customize Start Menu dialog box, JAWS now announces the state of check boxes. 8. You can now choose to view "All Files" in the Open dialog box of Script Manager. This allows you to open a file with any file name extension in Script Manager. 9. When you save a script with Save As Shared command, the keymap (.jkm) file is now copied into the shared folder as well. 10. The function SetVoiceRate now correctly increases or decreases the speech rate. 11. When you create a new .jcf file for an application, the New File Name edit box is now read-only, preventing you from changing the default name for the configuration file. 12. The tutor help message for group boxes is now correct. 13. When you close Dictionary Manager without saving your changes, a message displays. This message now includes the file name extension .jdf in the name of the file. 14. When a link is present in the virtual viewer, the window no longer closes when you press TAB or SHIFT+TAB to attempt to move to the link. 15. Resolved other issues that occasionally occurred when you pressed TAB or SHIFT+TAB while in the Virtual Viewer. 16. Pressing SHIFT+F3 now carries out the Find Prior command in Script Manager. 17. Pressing INSERT+UP ARROW twice now spells the current line in both menus and lists. 18. The Typing Announcement option now works when intermediate or advanced verbosity is selected. 19. The Say All command no longer fails after using IME in HJPad, WordPad, and other rich edit areas. 20. The Japanese version of JAWS is now better at reading rich edit controls. 21. JAWS can now be effectively used with Java applications when you are using Windows XP Japanese. 22. JAWS no longer occasionally announces "File" instead of "Not in Dictionary" when you open the spellcheck dialog in Word. 23. When you use the Merge Utility, basic settings are now included in the merger. 24. JAWS now recognizes and announces left and right single quotation marks as well as left and right double quotation marks. 25. You can now perform the Spell Line command (INSERT+UP ARROW twice quickly) while reading menu bars and context menus. 26. If there is no text in an edit field, the JAWS and Braille cursors are no longer occasionally positioned too high. 27. Resolved an issue where the statuses of check boxes and checkable items in list boxes were occasionally not announced and/or displayed in braille. 28. When you move to a link in the Virtual Viewer, JAWS now correctly identifies the text as a link. 29. JAWS now allows you to access the Stop button in the Windows XP Help and Support Center after you begin a search for information. 30. Pressing the left or right SHIFT key during Say All no longer changes the pause settings for Say All. 31. JAWS no longer incorrectly indicates that certain checkable list box items are "not selected." 32. Voice aliases for the link voice now work correctly when reading certain HTML pages that were causing problems in previous versions. 33. "Remote Access Speech" has been removed from the available Synthesizer Options in Configuration Manager and the Change Synthesizer submenu. 34. When you run JAWS from the system tray and press INSERT+J, JAWS now announces, "JAWS context menu," instead of just, "Context menu." 35. When you press INSERT+F4 to quit JAWS during the activation process, you no longer receive an error. 36. Information is no longer sometimes displayed twice in the Virtual Viewer when you press INSERT+F1 under certain circumstances. 37. In Office applications, JAWS now properly reads items in certain lists found in the Customize dialog box. 38. When installing the PAC Mate braille display, you are no longer asked to specify COM port settings. 39. You can now switch to contracted braille during installation. 40. The access key for the User Pan Mode list box in the Braille Options dialog box now works correctly. 41. When configuring JAWS braille displays, you can now select ports beyond COM 4. 42. When you re-class a control while in home row mode, the resulting file name no longer includes the file name extension of the original executable file. 43. The JAWS program folder is now removed when you uninstall the software. 44. When using a braille display, the cursor now appears at the beginning of menu items and links instead of at the end. 45. Resolved an issue where a client running JAWS 6.20 could not connect to a server running a later version of JAWS. 46. You will now see Keyboard help in braille even if you have turned off braille flash messages. 47. In Speech and Sounds Manager, the "Visited" attribute has been removed from the list of HTML attributes. The "Visited" attribute has been added to the list of available Control States. 48. Implemented improvements to HJPad and Script Manager to allow for more successful localization. The main window for both programs now uses RichEdit 2.0 rather than 1.0, which resolves some problems with Japanese text. 49. Improved support for the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs utility in Windows XP. 50. If OpenBook is running and you start JAWS, OpenBook no longer begins scanning. 51. When using INSERT+1 Keyboard help, the names of keystrokes you press are now displayed in braille. 52. Resolved an issue where, in certain dialog boxes, JAWS was not reading static text correctly. 53. Text selection commands work correctly when using languages that read from right to left. 54. Tutor messages are no longer displayed in braille when you press INSERT+TAB. 55. In list views, JAWS now reads only the selected item and its position and count when you press INSERT+TAB. 56. If you start JAWS and video intercept is not installed correctly, the resulting Freedom Scientific Video Intercept dialog, which asks you to install video intercept and restart your computer, now speaks. 57. When you use Freedom Scientific Video Intercept to install/uninstall video drivers, you are now required to restart your computer.
HTML and the Internet
1. In Internet Explorer, duplicate lists are now displayed correctly when you press CTRL+INSERT+L. 2. In Internet Explorer JAWS now announces when a new browser window is opened by activating a link in the INSERT+F7 links list. 3. Japanese Web sites that use multiple style sheets are now processed correctly. 4. Resolved an issue where JAWS was speaking headings multiple times when you navigated the INSERT+F6 list of headings in HTML documents. 5. Resolved certain anomalies that were occurring when you attempted to read form fields on a specific Web site. 6. When you press INSERT+CTRL+G in an HTML document to display a list of graphics, JAWS no longer shows the image source instead of the alternate text or title attributes if they are available. 7. Resolved an issue where pressing INSERT+F7 did not display the list of links on a limited number of Web pages. 8. Resolved a number of issues with how text is displayed in Document Presentation Mode. 9. The find next/prior non-link text commands no longer move you to start and end strings. 10. JAWS now correctly recognizes the alternate text of image maps with a title. 11. Pressing INSERT+F1 now reports the correct number of headings at level 1 through 6. 12. Resolved an issue where you could not move past the Euro symbol or other special Unicode characters with CTRL+RIGHT ARROW or CTRL+LEFT ARROW. 13. Resolved an issue where access keys on Web pages failed to function after the first time you pressed them. 14. Resolved an issue where, on certain pages, buttons in Flash animations could not be activated. 15. Alternate text (when available) now appears in the CTRL+INSERT+G list of graphics instead of just the image's source. 16. Resolved an issue where, when using JAWS table navigation commands in certain tables, JAWS was not reading all of the columns in the table. 17. JAWS now wraps to the top or bottom in pages that have only one form field or button. 18. On certain Web pages, JAWS now properly detects the correct number of links regardless of whether you are using the Virtual Cursor. 19. Resolved several reported issues where certain Web pages would cause loss of speech and 100 percent CPU usage. 20. Links on a particular Web page are now correctly identified as such. 21. Resolved an issue where, when using H to move through headings on certain Web pages, JAWS was not announcing the heading level. 22. In Internet Explorer, JAWS now reads superscript text correctly.
1. JAWS no longer announces the level of headings when the "Heading Announcement" verbosity option is turned off. 2. The skip to next/previous element Navigation Quick Keys (SHIFT+COMMA and SHIFT+PERIOD) now work correctly. 3. Resolved an issue where same page links were not working properly on some pages. 4. Pressing INSERT+F1 reports the incorrect number of headings at level 1 through 6. 5. JAWS graphical link settings are now correctly saved and applied.
1. Custom summaries that you have created are preserved if you rename the worksheet. 2. You can now use TAB and SHIFT+TAB to move to links in the Virtual Viewer when viewing custom summaries. 3. JAWS no longer says, "Blank" while reading some of the input message validation edit controls. 4. Resolved an issue where deleting the last letter in a cell impeded navigation and typing echo while editing cell content. 5. When editing an existing formula after an error in the formula is detected, JAWS now correctly echoes LEFT and RIGHT ARROW navigation. 6. JAWS now indicates when a cell is merged and announces the cell content. 7. JAWS now correctly reads ampersands (&) in cells that contain row and/or column titles. 8. When you press INSERT+T in Excel, JAWS now announces the application name, the name of the currently open file, and the name of the active worksheet. 9. When you press INSERT+WINDOWS Key+R to read an Outlook reminder and then press INSERT+WINDOWS Key+R to move back to Excel, the focus returns correctly to Excel. 10. Pressing INSERT+H no longer starts skim reading. This issue only occurred if you previously performed the skim read command in another application. 11. The Custom Labels dialog box now has INSERT+F1 help. 12. Column and row headings are now properly updated in braille and speech when you move from a cell in one region to a cell in the same row or column in a different region. 13. In Excel XP and 2003, check boxes are no longer shown twice in braille. 14. When using keystrokes to navigate by region, JAWS now reads the cell that gains the focus instead of the cell that previously had the focus. 15. JAWS now announces the names of tabs in the Options dialog box when you use SHIFT+TAB to move to them. 16. Pressing INSERT+TAB twice while you are in a merged cell now displays a description of that cell in the Virtual Viewer. 17. When you are editing or composing a comment for a cell, JAWS no longer announces a range of cells when you INSERT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW to read the currently selected text. 18. You can no longer perform the Say All command when you are not reading text in the Virtual Viewer, a chart, or a custom summary. 19. When using names to define row and column titles, the terms RowTitle, ColumnTitle, and Title are no longer case-sensitive. 20. FSClipboard now functions correctly in Excel. 21. Toolbar buttons are now displayed in braille. 22. When the formula, date, or long number in the current cell is too large for the column width, JAWS alerts you. 23. JAWS announces controls in the Options dialog box correctly when you move to them with SHIFT+TAB. 24. JAWS now reports the correct state of pivot table tree view items. 25. When you navigate the list of chart types, series types, or functions in the Chart Wizard or Function dialog boxes, JAWS now announces the static help text at the bottom of the dialog box. This text changes according to the chart type, series type, or function, and can be very useful. So as not to confuse it with the item in the list, the help text is announced in the message voice. This information is also spoken when you press INSERT+TAB.
1. JAWS now announces the presence of hyperlinks in table cells correctly when using intermediate or advanced verbosity. 2. If you turn on Language Detection, JAWS no longer increases pitch when reading lower case letters. 3. JAWS now speaks the correct information for not-in-dictionary controls in Spellchecker. 4. Item selection verbosity now works correctly. 5. You no longer hear an unexpected "ding" sound when cutting a table. 6. Selecting cells in a table and then performing the Say Selected Text command no longer causes JAWS to announce the entire document. 7. When you switch back to Word from another program and perform the Say All command, JAWS continues to honor the settings in the currently selected speech and sounds scheme. 8. If Navigation Quick Key mode is turned on and you start a Say All, Navigation Quick Key mode remains active even when you stop the Say All. JAWS reminds you that Navigation Quick Keys are still enabled by say, "Quick keys on." 9. The "Comments, Footnotes, and Endnotes" verbosity option is now application-specific, rather than document-specific. 10. When you press CTRL+SHIFT+C or CTRL+SHIFT+V, JAWS now says "Copying format to Clipboard," or "Apply format from Clipboard," and does not announce the keystrokes. 11. Braille displays now refresh properly when you use table navigation commands. 12. When you switch to another program and then switch back to Word, your braille display no longer automatically switches to line mode. 13. When you press the APPLICATION Key while in the Styles list of the Styles and Formatting pane, JAWS no longer says, "Unknown function call to BrailleAddObjectDlgPage." 14. F1 help for forms and the text of the About dialog box is now displayed correctly in braille. 15. JAWS now correctly announces the OK button in the About dialog box. 16. If a skim rule has been created, when you perform the Say All command and then press a Navigation Quick Key that is not available in Word, JAWS no longer attempts to skim read the current document. 17. When you press a Navigation Quick Key that is not available in Word but is available elsewhere, JAWS now indicates that the key is not available in Word. If a key is pressed that is not a legitimate Navigation Quick Key anywhere, JAWS says, "Not available." 18. Bookmark names are no longer repeated twice when navigating the Bookmark Names list in the Bookmark dialog box. 19. When you activate the Options button in the Clipboard task pane, JAWS no longer says, "Unknown function call to BrailleAddObjhectDLGPageName." 20. JAWS now speaks the correct information when you navigate the Customize Commands list box. 21. JAWS now announces the state of tree view items in Word's help system when you open or close them. 22. JAWS now reads the first item in the Styles combo box correctly.
23. If you create a hyperlink while in Outline view and move to that link with arrow keys, JAWS now announces, "Hyperlink field" as it does while in Print Layout view. 24. The functionality of the Mail Merge Wizard has been improved. 25. You can now use JAWS navigation commands to move to the prior sentence if that sentence ends with a quotation mark. 26. When performing a Say All in Word, JAWS no longer occasionally repeats certain sentences. 27. If there are different alignment levels from one bulleted paragraph to the next, JAWS now announces them before each bullet. 28. JAWS now announces that a line has a hyperlink when you create one and move to it with the arrow keys. 29. JAWS now reads attributes correctly during Say All when you are using the "proof reading" speech and sounds scheme. 30. When reading by line, sentence, or paragraph, you will now hear a sound when you reach the beginning or end of a document. 31. JAWS now reads the Language list box correctly in the Spell Checker dialog box. 32. When using bookmarks to define row and column titles, the terms RowTitle, ColumnTitle, and Title are no longer case-sensitive. 33. When quick keys are enabled and you stop JAWS while performing a Say All, JAWS reminds you that Navigation Quick Key mode is still in effect. 34. JAWS is now consistent about announcing the start/end of a row and top/bottom of a column in non-uniform tables. 35. When using Speech Markup, lower case letters are no longer identified in an upper case pitch. 36. When you use the Say Active Cursor command, a minus sign is no longer announced and displayed in braille.
1. Pressing INSERT+A during a Say All displays the list of attachments without initiating any skim reading commands. 2. The spin box on the Read tab of the Options dialog box is now read correctly. 3. Selecting the last item in an Outlook message list no longer causes JAWS to read the item repeatedly. 4. Messages with subjects containing the word "calendar" no longer mistakenly cause the calendar scripts to load. 5. JAWS no longer switches to the calendar when you type the word "calendar" into the subject line of a new message. 6. When you open the Save Attachment dialog box, JAWS now reads the name of the currently selected file correctly when you press INSERT+NUM PAD 8. 7. When you activate the Save button in the Save Attachments dialog box, JAWS no longer spells the attachment graphic and the name of the attachment. 8. Automatic Say All now works correctly when you open a message. 9. The keystroke INSERT+SHIFT+A has been removed. 10. Times are read correctly in the calendar after you train JAWS to recognize the colors with ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+Z. 11. If Enhanced Edit mode is turned on, you can now open e-mail attachments in the INSERT+A attachment list. 12. When you select an attachment and open the context menu, JAWS now reads this menu correctly. 13. JAWS now reads the correct text when you move to the Search tab in the Outlook help system. 14. You can now use the PC Cursor to read Roman font text in Outlook.
1. The Hot Key Help for PowerPoint has been improved. 2. JAWS no longer says, "Not selected" when reading items in checkable list boxes that are not selected. 3. If you press SHIFT+INSERT+DOWN ARROW while no text or objects are selected, JAWS informs you that nothing is selected. 4. JAWS no longer announces the first character of the new slides category, as you move through the New Slide dialog box. 5. During a PowerPoint presentation, you can now change the voice rate on the fly. 6. JAWS now recognizes bullets when reading a slide show. 7. As long as action settings for MouseOver or MouseClick have been set, objects are now recognized as hyperlinks. 8. Switching panes in PowerPoint now correctly identifies all the various types of panes, including thumbnail, notes page, and so on. 9. Navigation through and within the various panes has been greatly improved. 10. When you navigate through slides or press CTRL+SHIFT+C, JAWS now indicates when the slide is hidden.
Microsoft Access XP/2003
1. In Access 2003, the list of tables is now read correctly during the query design process. 2. Form names are now spoken correctly when moving from form to form by pressing CTRL+F6. 3. JAWS no longer reads the selected item in a list box when the focus changes. 4. JAWS now reads the correct selected item in list boxes on forms.
Adobe Acrobat/Reader (PDF)
1. In Adobe Acrobat 7.0, in the Accessibility Setup Assistant, JAWS now correctly reads several different controls when you press INSERT+TAB. 2. In Adobe Acrobat 7.0, JAWS can now read information on the Font tab of the Document Properties dialog box. 3. The Navigation Quick Keys < and > now work correctly in Adobe Acrobat/Reader. 4. JAWS now announces page numbers correctly when navigating in the thumbnail view of the document's pages. 5. Pressing the cursor router buttons on your braille display no longer moves you back to the focus point or the top of the current page.
6. JAWS now supports non-standard reading orders. 7. The Virtual cursor is now positioned on the correct page when you follow a link to go to another page in the document. 8. In Adobe Acrobat/Reader, JAWS no longer stops reading at the third line of the document when you route JAWS to PC. 9. Resolved an issue where JAWS was experiencing slow response times while in Forms Mode. 10. Tables of contents are now treated like other types of lists. 11. The Say Line and Say Word commands now function correctly when reading bookmarks. 12. In Adobe Acrobat/Reader 7.05, you can now navigate tables in PDF documents. 13. JAWS can now read PDF documents with watermarks correctly. 14. JAWS now properly announces the state of closed bookmarks. 15. Resolved an issue where you could not move to or select menu commands that were not in the File menu after opening a PDF file in Internet Explorer. 16. Resolved an issue where JAWS was performing sluggishly when loading a PDF document in Internet Explorer. 17. Resolved an issue where, in PDF forms, you could not select radio buttons with the arrow keys.
1. JAWS no longer says, "Online devil smiley," when six contacts are online. 2. The command for moving to the conversation window now has the correct keyboard help. 3. JAWS no longer spells out the names of certain controls in the Options dialog box the first time you move to them. 4. The MSN Messenger window is no longer automatically maximized when you start the program. 5. With two conversations open in MSN Messenger, when you get a message in the window that is not visible, the last message in the visible window is no longer repeated.
1. Support for the Alva Satellite 84 braille display is now available in Visual Studio .NET. 2. In Visual Studio .NET, JAWS now takes proper account of whether the Form Designer has focus 3. JAWS can now read the contents of code files in the Visual Studio .NET editor. 4. In Notepad, JAWS no longer repeats lines written in certain 8 point fonts multiple times. 5. In Windows Media Player 9, JAWS now indicates whether an item is selected in the list of supported file formats. 6. In Windows Media Player, JAWS now correctly represents certain button names in braille. 7. Windows Media Player now has hot key (INSERT+1) help available. 8. In AudibleManager 5.0, you can now press CTRL+SHIFT+P to move to the Program Details window. 9. In AudibleManager, the keystroke to select the Storage Card radio button in the Device Status pane was changed from CTRL+SHIFT+S to CTRL+SHIFT+T. 10. JAWS now correctly announces the state of certain check boxes in AudibleManager. 11. In AOL Boxley, JAWS now reads tree views and the Page tab correctly.
To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Re: Second Public Beta Update Now Available
- From: Kamal Haffar
- Re: Second Public Beta Update Now Available
- Second Public Beta Update Now Available
- From: Bruce Toews
- Second Public Beta Update Now Available