Re: Say Selected Text

  • From: "Donna Corson" <tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:11:52 -0500

Yes, there is text selected and when I use shift insert down arrow, I hear
nothing.  When I checked the keystroke after using insert 2 for keyboard help,
I just got silence.  Out of curiosity, I unloaded JFW 7 and loaded 4.51 and the
same was true there.  In both programs, when I used the control a to select all
text, jaws would start reading all of that text.  But, when I select by shift
down arrow a couple of times for selecting lines, as I shift down arrow, jaws
will read those lines and say they are selected.  So, jaws will only say what
is selected as it is selected Am I right that insert shift down arrow is
supposed to read all text that is selected?

Hope I am making myself clear.