Re: Rhapsody music for the Blind 2010

  • From: "Douglas Richard Dexheimer" <drichardd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:35:25 -0600

Hi list.  I remember using Rhapsody in the spring of 2008, and found it very
troublesome to enter appropriate information in the various forms when logging
in.  It was tough selecting the right username and password, because Jaws
didn't read the text I was typing in; it kept saying "blank".
After many frustrated attempts, I finally logged in as a member and enjoyed a
14-day free trial, and got to explore lots of music I never heard before or
hadn't heard for a long time.  Near the end of my trial I cancelled my
membership to avoid being charged for continued use, and was assurred I would
be able to hear 25 full tracks per month for free.  At one point while trying
to play free tracks after cancelling membership, there was a problem logging me
in, and my email address was no longer valid, so I gave up on Rhapsody.  I
tried many different usernames, passwords and emails but none of them worked.
(If I selected a different email address from my regular earthlink address, no
email could get through.
Is this new Rhapsody going to be any different?  If I cancelled my membership
in /08, is it impossible to become a member again?  After listening for free
for two weeks, would I have to cancel to save money, and will I still be able
to hear 25 free tracks a month?
Thanks for your feedback.

  Douglas Richard Dexheimer
   Chief of Braille Production