Reply to Sender

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:42:22 -0500

Roger,

I don't believe you got clear answers to your two questions.

First, your message copied below went to the list, not just Judith.

Second, for some reason, listers keep repeating that the reply to sender key combo is different from what it actually is, which is insert-shift-r. Perhaps the control key substituted for the insert key in version 7. I'm not sure. But that isn't the case in JAWS 8.

Two notes. First, some listers think the key combo isn't working for them for reasons that I believe I've identified. JAWS is inconsistent in this instance. Sometimes it places the focus in the message field and sometimes in the "To" field. I can discern no reason for the inconsistency. You need to give the insert-shift-r command a few moments to take effect. Then make sure you determine where you focus is and confirm that the message is addressed to the person intended in the "To" field. The shortcut for reading the "To" field is alt-3. (Not numpad 3, but number row 3.)

Second, when you press insert-shift-r, JAWS copies the "To" field to the clipboard. It confused me because sometimes I copy material in advance to paste into a message. Now I press the reply to sender command before copying the text I wish to include in the message.