RE: Replacing Norton With Another Program

  • From: "K Anderson" <kanderson8888@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 02:14:53 -0500

Chris, thank you so much!  This was indeed very helpful information.  Just
curious, what version of Jaws are you using?  I am using JFW 7.0 and the
screen listing the NOD32 tasks is not read clearly.  That was a major
obstacle for me.  I totally missed the fact that there was a task for On
Demand Scanning in that list.  I took a chance and clicked (using the Right
Mouse button) on the first item in that list (don't ask me what Jaws
referred to it as...something about regular automatic update) I was then
presented with options such as "Edit" which you had mentioned.  After
pressing Enter on Edit everything was a synch.  Hurray.

I am thrilled to tell you I was able to continue using the computer for a
variety of tasks during the scheduled scan (that thanks to you I set up),
and only had the slightest bit of sluggishness.  Um I guess we could say
that NOD32 is accessible, but one does need to have a pretty good grasp of
how to use their screen reader.  At this point I agree with you though...it
seems to be worth the time/effort I put into figuring everything out.
Thanks ever so much for your time and help.

Katrina