Re: Repair on jaws 8 How?

hi. The version that is on the CD is the exact same version as the one you download off the website, , accept it doesn't have the sapi 5 voices. try this.

1. go to your start menu.

2.  then go to programs.

3. Go to JAWS 8.0 sub menu, you may need to press j several times to get there.
4.  go to tools sub menu, and then
to the uninstall JAWS option. Now we're not going to uninstall JAWS, but this is where the repair option is. so press enter on uninstall JAWS and wait for the screen to come up. you'll get a set of radio buttons, i believe it is. your choices will be modify, repair, or remove. You'll want to repair JAWS which basically sets it back to the factory defaults as if it'd never been installed before. After this process is complete, you'll probably be asked to reboot your computer, so do that. when you come back up you'll have a fresh install of JAWS 8.0 as if it'd never been installed before. One thing I should note, you haven't received your CDS yet. So when you receive them, the only one you're going to need to use is the one with the SAPI 5 voices on it. You do not need to re-install JAWS from your CD at all. In fact you'd just be doing what you're going to do and your version would be repaired or modified again and you don't want to do that. so when your cds arrive, don't reinstall JAWS again. Just install your SAPI 5 voices and you'll be good.

At 11:21 PM 1/31/2007, you wrote:
Hi and followed your instructions and nothing about repair cold be found.
I tried several times and there is tools, remove, rarely? auto updates
and a few other things that show but no repair.
So far 8 for me is a real bummer. Maybe when I get the disks it might do
better?
Thanks
MMM
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:52:26 -0800 Joseph Lee
<joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Hi there,
> You'll need to go to Control Panel and select
> Aed or Remove Programs.  Select Freedom
> Scientific JAWS 8.0, then press TAB until you
> hear change button.  Press enter.  It should
> then present a dialog and will ask you what
> to do.  Press enter on Repair option.  It
> should repair itself and it will present
> Finish dialog.  Press enter on Finish button.
> Cheers,
> Joseph

Michael Thanks You...
TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
And www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!

http://www.eset.com