Re: "Received After" with Advanced Find OE/J6.0

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:00:16 -0500

Hi All,

    I received word from FS tech support that someone there has been
able to duplicate my problem and I may hear from the "escalations
team."
Margaret

I wrote:

    I'm still trying to configure JFW 6.0 to my liking and was able to
get JAWS to stop saying  Read Only Edit in Outlook Express 6.0 after I
hit Control-Shift-F for the Advanced Find command, but I'm not able to
get it to stop saying "received after."

    I tried modifying the Helpful Hint for  Read Only Edit on the
JFWlite home page

"Press insert six for the configuration manager.
Press control shift D for the default file.
Press alt S for the set options menu.
Press M for the speech and sounds manager options.
Tab and enter on the edit current scheme button.
Control tab to the control type tab.
Press R in the listview until you hear read only edit.
Tab to the set of radio buttons and arrow down to the radio button for
ignore.
Tab and enter on okay.
Tab and enter on okay again.
Enter on yes to save the changes to the sound scheme.
Press alt f4 to leave configuration manager and enter on yes to
save the changes."

but I'm not finding "received after" in the list view of items that
can be changed.  JAWS seems to be picking up the "received after" from
the section of Advanced Find where one can limit the messages found to
those occurring between specific dates:

Find Message
File Edit View Message
Look in: Inbox Include subfolders Browse..
From: Find Now
To: Stop
Subject: New Search
Message:
Received before: 1/26/05 Message has attachment(s)
Message is flaggedReceived after: 1/26/05

    I'm running Windows 98 se.

    Is anyone else getting the excess verbiage?

    I'd be very grateful for any suggestions on how to eliminate it.