Really aggervating problem with JSonar scripts

  • From: "Chris Gilland" <clgilland07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 09:58:27 -0400

OK, I just got a laptop, that I installed Sonar and the JSonar scripts onto. We now however have a real bad issue. I wanted to see if any of you all may have a posible solution. Believe it or not, this system has, I kid? you, not! No? application's key. so the jaws cursor wont' really let me review the track view collumns etc. That's kind a what the scripts are there for. Well, as you all know, if you wanna patch an effect into a track, like reverb, etc. you have to right arrow on the track over to the effect's bin collumn, then hit the application's key. Well, being I don't have an application's key... and before you all comment, yes, I do know about the shift F10 key command. I'm one step ahead of yall. I already tried that. It doesn't work. It does get me a context menu, but not the correct one. It gets me the one for piano role, etc. Yeah, I know I could hit the comma key on the track and select it, then go alt p for the project menu, then go down to add audio effects, but that's kind of annoying as then, when I go to export the project as an mp3, Im so used to doing it the other way, that I 99% the time forget to deselect all tracks with control shift A, so the end result is, I get an mp3 with only that one track that I added effects to that I selected with the comma key. So, yeah. Really? annoying. I know another sollution is to just buy another external keyboard with an app's key, but being right now I can't afford one, I know they're real cheap, but yall don't know my financial situation. Beleive me, I can't do it. So, is there not some way I can mimmick that app's key? Even with a 3rd party software? I'm not good enough at writing scripts or else I would! just re-map that script to the app's key. I looked in keyboard manager, but I didn't see anything even closely resembling this mapping, which leads me to thing somehow, it's tied to a script, not to a jkm key-mapping. Sorry if this is slightly OT, and maybe too advanced for this list. I know there is the JSonar list, but I cannot find the subscription information on the JSonar web site.

Anyway, I'm using jfw 10, and Sonar 4.03 with the JSonar 4 scripts. Yeah, I know, that's pretty ancient, but again, I couldn't afford to update, so I work with what I can, and got. like it or not.

Thanks.

Chris.
Alternative archives located at: