RealPlayer Access Problem

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:05:51 -0400

I'm resubmitting this query because I didn't get an answer earlier in the week. I know many listers use RealPlayer. In case it's relevant, I'm using the free version. Again, I'd welcome suggestions.

Although I had RealPlayer 10.5 on my XP system, someone's mention of a screenreader-friendly add-on inspired me to go back to the website. I downloaded what RP is calling its final version of 10.5 along with the screenreader add-on. I already found access to RP limited, but with this new download I'm missing even more. For example, I can't get RP to list all the tracks on a CD, which I could before. In turn, that prevents me from clicking on the track of my choice, so that I need to go through the tracks one by one with control-t.

To avoid the problems reported with JAWS 7.x, I've stayed with JAWS 6.2.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

A.S.