Re: Reading credit card numbers with Jaws

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 11:39:19 -0700

Hi Jim,

It's not too much of a problem, although once you do this, remember not to
copy and paste the number in this form into a forms edit field online or
anything.

Just tap the space bar to creat a space between the individual digits of the
credit card number or, if you can grasp them okay in groups of four, just
separate each of the four groups with a space..  I use this trick of
inserting space ds all the time when I don't want to be driven crazy trying
to memorize a phone number I've got in a file somewhere and the phone number
doesn't sound like a phone number but just numbers.  For instance, here's an
example of how I'd do a phone number for my own reference:

899 (then I hit enter so that my memory doesn't have to include that in the
phone number)
5 5 5, (add the comma to create a pause for yourself) 9876.

Anyway, the same ideas will work for you for recording a credit card number
so you can read it back over the phone after hearing it a group at a time
from Jaws.

Hope this hellps.