Re: Reading Ebooks with Adobe

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 08:06:54 -0700

Nicol,
I understand now. I downloaded the program and thus was able to read Jamal's
very thorough documentation that explains it all. Thank you. As for your
computer or Jaws crashing simply because you try to open a .pdf file with
Adobe as is so widely done, that's a problem, not just an odd characteristic
of these programs. That's simply how it's done by most computer users. You
need someone to see why this happens to you. It isn't normal. I open .pdf
files with Adobe all the time, and of course am using Jaws, and when I click
on the filename, Adobe Reader opens the document, and Jaws reports for a
second or two that Adobe is preparing the document, and then Jaws is ready
to read it. That should be how it works, and is not unusual. You might do
well to get some technical assistance to see what's the matter.

Again, reading the documentation explained to me how you can set TexPal to
be the default application for .pdf files so that it, rather than Adobe
Reader or Acrobat, acts upon a .pdf file when you click on it. Okay. Glad it
works for you.