Re: Question to Dave

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:19:03 -0700

Daniel,

When I went back to 12.0.525 after the disaster with 12.0.1158 I had to remove
JAWS 12 completely and fortunately still had JAWS 11.0.1476 on my machine to
use in the interim.

I then located my previous downloaded 12.0.525 and did a clean install. Then I
copied all my settings\enu files that I had backed up before the disaster to
get back to a better place. Key points:

1. Did not use any activations since this is the same computer.
2. Always download the various revisions and keep them safe on your computer or
an external device for later use.
3. Always, always, always, always back up all your user settings files before
installing the next revision of JAWS, just in case.

Dave
Composed on a Dell Latitude 630 in the general vicinity of my Audio Recording
and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area.