RE: Question that I'll Probably Kick Myself For When I Find the Answer

It's insert+downarrow+shift (jawsKey+downarrow+shift)

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ray Campbell
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:23 AM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question that I'll Probably Kick Myself For When I Find the
Answer

Hello All:

Someone asked me how you can have JAWS read what has been selected.  For
example, if you select some text in a document, he wanted to know how
you can have JAWS read back that text to you so you know it has been
selected.  I know there's a keystroke to do this, but I've been all over
the JAWS help menus and can't find it.  I know I'll kick myself when I
get the answer, but can someone tell me what that keystroke is for
reading highlighted or selected text?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired 1850 W.
Roosevelt Road Chicago, IL  60608 312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay) ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM Screen Name: tclhelp

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:14 AM