Re: Question about installing jaws on a laptop

  • From: Stacey Robinson <staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:55:43 +1200

Hank,
Thanks so much.  I'll save this.
My laptop should be here soon.

Stacey and  GEB Dog Chesley

staceyr75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hank & Patty" <hank1patty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:33:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Question about installing jaws on a laptop

Hello back Stacy

Yes, you need to tell jaws that you are using a laptop, so you
will have
access to all the powerful keyboard combinations that jaws
offers.  You
tell jaws that you are using a laptop by making the following
small setting
change in jaws. YOU put yourself in the jaws program window by
pressing alt
and the tab key until you hear jaws and then let go of the alt
and tab keys.
Now being in the jaws window, press the alt key and select the
options menu
selection by arrowing over to options then pressing the down
arrow to select
the options menu selection. Now arrow down to the basics
selection and
select it by pressing enter on basics.
Now in the basics window, tab over until you come to the keyboard
layout
tab. Once you are on the keyboard layout selection, arrow down
until you
come to the laptop selection, now tab over until you come to okay
and hit
enter. You are now done, you have now finished successfully
telling jaws
that you use a laptop.
Now minimize the jaws window by pressing the alt key and the
space bar
together then arrow down to minimize and hit enter and now you
can have fun
on your new laptop.

Hope I have helped you out.

Hank Merchant Jr.