Re: Punctuation and JAWS

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:44:44 +0530

Hi,

try changing whether or punctuation is controlled by the synthesiser or by Jaws. This is a shot in the dark.

Pranav
on Saturday 11/19/2005 04:42 AM, Adrian Spratt said:
I find it helps my reading comprehension when JAWS pauses at commas and
other punctuation. However, it doesn't pause after colons or semicolons.
Also, JAWS reads text well between double quotation marks, but not when the
text is between single quotations. Does anyone have any suggestions how I
can make appropriate adjustments?

Or, as I suspect, are these limitations inherent in JAWS? In that case, do
they interfere with other people's ability to comprehend what they read with
JAWS?

I've written several times to the FS suggestions email address, but without
getting any response.