Re: Punctuation Problem In Public Beta

  • From: "Don Moore" <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 23:29:08 -0300

Hi Gary,

    Try using the global adjustment.

    Don
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gary King
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 11:26 PM
  Subject: Punctuation Problem In Public Beta

  Is anyone else having a problem with punctuation settings not sticking when
using a synthesizer other than Eloquence?  I am using the GW Micro version of
DECtalk Access32.  I want my punctuation to be set to Some in an application
such as Outlook Express.  With Outlook Express running, I go to the Individual
Voice Adjustment dialog and choose the radio button to make the adjustment
specific to this application.  I then adjust the combo box for Some Punctuation
and press Enter on the OK button.  If I then read a message, I hear the colon
spoken, which tells me that the punctuation is still set to Most.  I can
confirm this by going back into the Individual Voice Adjustment dialog.  I can
set the punctuation to Some using the Verbosity menu while in Outlook Express,
but this is only temporary.

  Gary King
  mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx