Re: Proxy for Microsoft Anti-Spyware?

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:41:02 +0200

IN order to run a scan with MS Antispyware, minimize it to your system tray - this is important that you do not have the main window of MS antispyware open - and then go to your system tray and enter on the icon for MS antispyware. One of the choices is something like "run scan now". This starts the scan and opens the MS antispyware window. use your mouse cursor to review the progress of and, when done, the results of the scan and use your mouse cursor also to select your choices as for the actions ms antispyware takes. It takes a lot of mousing but is usable with speech as I am total and have used ms antispyware for the past couple months now.

Cheers,

Doris

At 10:47 AM 6/29/2005 -0700, you wrote:

Greetings to All:

In a renewed attempt to wipe out Adware and Spyware on my various systems, I've been using Spybot Search&Destroy 1.3. The program seems effective, and although it's not completely JFW friendly, Debbie's scripts from JFWLite are extremely helpful with the basics. (Thanks a million, Debbie, if you're reading this post.) I haven't had similar success, though, with navigating and using Microsoft Anti-Spyware.

I wish to have all three of the major anti-spyware programs in myarsenal, because I know they draw from different databases.

As a work-around for the Microsoft product: I had a discussion a couple of months ago with an FS tech guy who told me unofficially of another anti-spyware program that is very accessible and that uses the same adware/spyware database as Microsoft Anti-Spyware. Is anyone out there familiar with this? I lost the name and Web site for that program, but would like either to implement this substitute or figure out how to make the Microsoft product usable.

Thanks,

Kane Brolin