re: Programming

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:13:37 -0500

Hello Laura,

I have been employed in the past as a programmer, and did so after becoming
blind, so yes, it can be done.

Your father should be your first source for information about this career,
because although he is sighted, (I'm making this assumption) he should be
familiar with your academic history and what further education you will need
in order to obtain the skills needed.

As for resources relevant to a blind programmer, I suggest visiting
www.empowermentzone.com or google for "blind programming" to locate web
resources for blind programmers.

Alan

Laura Shumate wrote:

Hi, All,
 was wondering if anyone on this list knows about computer programming?  My
dad does this for a living and I am really thinking about following in his
footsteps.
     Laura Shumate