Re: Problems with Jaws 8

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 01:01:53 -0500

Janice,

Both issues have been discussed on this list, and I'm certain your second
question will be answered soon. As for the shortcut, I had no trouble making
mine stick in JAWS 8. In case my approach works for you, I make the following
suggestions.

1. Begin by performing a disc clean. go to programs, click on accessories, then
s for system tools, then the first d for disc clean. Depending on your system
and its memory, the process might take only a few seconds.

2. Make sure that any letter you plan to use for your shortcut isn't already in
use.

3. Clearly, you know how to commence the shortcut process by pressing alt-enter
on the desktop JAWS 8 icon. But make sure you enter only the letter at the
designated form field and not any other keys, such as control and alt.

4. Make sure you click on "apply," which I believe exists in JAWS 8. I don't
think it does for the JAWS 6.2 shortcut.

5. Then press Okay.

6. Reboot.

That is what worked for me. I hesitated at the apply step because I can't find
it in 6.2, which I'm using at this moment, but I'm confident I clicked on it
when creating the JAWS 8 shortcut.

Why am I not using JAWS 8 right now? Because it crashed while I was writing a
message to someone else.

I hope these steps work for you.

Adrian