RE: Problem of text not being read has mysteriously returned in Word

  • From: "Chris Feist" <ccfeist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:04:11 -0600

Well, I'll type this sentence, for example, and stop.  Then I'd try to read
the current line and only hear Jaws say blank.  I'd control + Escape to
refresh the screen which would then allow Jaws to read the current line
until I begin typing once again.  Jaws would say blank when I try to read
the current line again.

My view in Word is set at normal and I tried the zoom at both 100% and 75%
with no result.  I've turned off screen tips, animations, and the like.
I've maximized the Window as well.  I'm stumped on why JFW 5.10 works fine
and 6 does not.

One other thing I forgot to mention before.  I have Jaws 6 on two different
computers.  This problem isn't occurring on one computer but is on another.
That definitely makes me wonder if it is actually a Jaws problem or not.

Chris Feist - The one and only!