RE: Problem Installing JfW 6.0

hi
Could you paste the exact message that is displayed on the screen so that 
one of us could possibly figure out what it's doing?  to be honest what 
you're saying doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since the JAWS program 
does not have any modem drivers.
so if you can somehowget the exact message to us here we could help you 
sort this out.

At 06:31 PM 3/6/2005, you wrote:
>Yes, I checked that.  In fact I uninstalled the version I had been =
>using.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On =
>Behalf
>Of david the wild-thing
>Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:26 PM
>To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Problem Installing JfW 6.0
>
>
>Hi, you may wanna check in basics, and make sure, that, run jaws at =
>start up
>
>is not checked, with what ever version you don't want at start-up.
>----- Original Message -----=20
>From: "Ann Byrne" <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:14 PM
>Subject: Re: Problem Installing JfW 6.0
>
>
>Nope, I haven't had that one.  But when I install JFW6 on my Dell =
>desktop, I
>get two running JFW's.  Yeah, for real.  I can see them in the task =
>manager
>and with insert-10.  If I unload one, the other doesn't work well, but =
>they
>would both like to be activated.  I have restored my computer from an
>earlier time--when I had the quella version of JFW6, uninstalled =
>everything
>Freedomscientific that I can find, run a registry cleaner, scandisked,
>defragged, and tried again.  After the Windows XP start up music, it =
>takes
>four or five seconds for JFW5.10 to talk.  It takes more than thirty =
>seconds
>after the Windows XP sound for JFW6 to consider talking, and then it's
>twins!
>
>Any way to get rid of the evil twin--whichever one he is--would be=20
>appreciated.
>
>
>--
>To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to=20
>jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
>Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>
>If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or =
>the
>
>way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact =
>the=20
>list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>
>--
>To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
>jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
>Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>
>If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or =
>the
>way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact =
>the
>list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>
>--
>To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
>jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
>Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
>
>If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or 
>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather 
>contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to 
jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.
Archives located at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the 
way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the 
list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Other related posts: