Re: Preview of JAWS 12

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 09:43:02 -0600

Hi Alan & all,

I switched to a Mac for my home computer, but still use a Windows PC at work.
I also kept my old Windows based desktop and laptop for those instances where I
need Windows.  While I have no complaints about Jaws, it's been a great screen
reader over the years, I think VoiceOver on the Mac is every bit as good, and,
it comes built in with the OS, so most times when an update to the OS is
released, VO also gets updated.  There are many things that are so much easier
to do on the Mac.  Browsing the web with Safari is really nice, and it has a
feature where you press command shift R, and if there is an article on the web
page, it is read automatically, skipping all links and other extraneous
information.  After reading the article, you can press command C to copy the
entire article to the clipboard and paste it into a word processing document.
I know this is off topic, but just want to let folks know that VoiceOver works
really well.

Thanks,

Russell