From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Michael McDermott
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 3:41 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Pop up blocking problem

Hi I was wondering if someone out there might be able to help me with a
problem I am having regarding certin links on various web pages.  For
instance I am trying to access the following link of online-catalog on the
www.perkinslibrary.org <http://www.perkinslibrary.org/>  web site and I get
a message which I can read with jfw that says a pop up add has been blocked.
I am quite upset and mystified because I have checked several settings which
have to do with pop blocking and they all seem to be off.  I am running
windows xp service pack 2, and have checked security and fire wall settings
under the control panel, and everything seems fine, I am also using Norton
internetsecurity and it seems to indicate all pop up blocking is off,
although I don't think jfw works very well with that application?  Another
place I looked is under the tools menu in internet explorer which appears to
have a option for pop blocking.  If you have any ideas on where else to look
or what I can do to solve my problem please share them.  Also If you have
any thoughts on Norton internet security and jfw please let me know what I
can do to get it read well, or perhaps I should not use that program.