Pop up blocking problem

  • From: "Michael McDermott" <mmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 16:40:40 -0400

Hi I was wondering if someone out there might be able to help me with a
problem I am having regarding certin links on various web pages.  For
instance I am trying to access the following link of online-catalog on
the www.perkinslibrary.org <http://www.perkinslibrary.org/>  web site
and I get a message which I can read with jfw that says a pop up add has
been blocked.  I am quite upset and mystified because I have checked
several settings which have to do with pop blocking and they all seem to
be off.  I am running windows xp service pack 2, and have checked
security and fire wall settings under the control panel, and everything
seems fine, I am also using Norton internetsecurity and it seems to
indicate all pop up blocking is off, although I don't think jfw works
very well with that application?  Another place I looked is under the
tools menu in internet explorer which appears to have a option for pop
blocking.  If you have any ideas on where else to look or what I can do
to solve my problem please share them.  Also If you have any thoughts on
Norton internet security and jfw please let me know what I can do to get
it read well, or perhaps I should not use that program.