Re: PlayingWavFilesInIE

  • From: "Dean Schmidt" <dschmidt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:26:29 -0700

Thanks to all for your suggestions,

I'm using Win98 with eloquence.  I checked the allow wav files with software
synthesizer option and got mixed results.  Sometimes it worked and sometimes
I got an error.

Then after that, if any of you are familiar with Jaws scripts, I silenced
Jaws in the AutoStartEvent of Windows media player, and it's playing every
wav file that I try, big or small.  I still need to do some more work to
turn speech back on again at the appropriate time.

It looks like some of you have found a way to get good results through other
means.  I think you can set the volume with the volume control in the system
tray.  Are any of you XP users with single channel sound cards having
consistent success with wav files with Windows media player, winamp or
realplayer?  I'm just wondering if a script fix would be of benefit to
anybody besides me.

Thanks,

Dean Schmidt