Re: Peculiarities and Apparent Inconsistencies

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 06:36:18 -0700

Ed,

Good point. I hadn't chafed at the difference, but it does point out a
slight inconsistency in the coding. I guess the answer might be that in
generating the list of forms (Insert f5)  it would require more complex
coding to have the list work the same as Insert f7.

As you described in your example it would mean that the Insert f5 dialog
would have a   new pair of buttons (move to form and activate form) and it
would need to have the "activate form" greyed out for any edit fields.

Also I notice that there is no ability to sort the list of forms, so that's
another inconsistency in coding.

Why not send this to FS to their suggestions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx address?
Maybe they would add this functionality to a later release of JAWS.

Dave