Path for Settings\enu JFW 6.0/XP

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:27:19 -0400

Hi All,

    I'm having a terrible time so far with my XP machine with SP 2 and
am feeling a bit like Alice in Wonderland.  I'm not even sure I can
even find the correct path for the settings\enu folder for JAWS  6.0.

    From previous posts on the list I think it should possibly be:

C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\freedom
scientific\jaws\6.0\settings\enu
Or
C:\documents and settings\(username)\application data\freedom
scientific\jaws\6.0\settings\enu
(where (username) is your computer user name)

    I seem to have:

C:\Documents and Settings\new user\Application Data\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\6.0\Settings\enu

from explore your settings.  In
C:\Documents and Settings

I only have:
All Users
Default User
New User

and there doesn't seem to be a "Margaret" for the computer name or at
least I haven't found it yet.

    Is "New User" supposed to change to "Margaret" at some point?

    I'm the only one who uses the computer unless sighted assistance
is required.

    I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me get
straightened out with this.

    Thanks,
Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx