Re: Outlook 2007, JAWS 11

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 23:00:12 -0700

Okay, I give up. It's not in my version of Outlook 2007.

Alt+v opens the view menu.
V opens the Current View submenu.
The first item is "Customize Current View"
The next item down is "Define view"
The next item down is "Format columns"
No other items in that submenu.

If I do open the first item "Customize Current View" I get the following dialog:

Customize View: Messages
Description
Fields... Importance, Reminder, Icon, Flag Status, Attachment, Fro...
Group By... None
Sort... Received (descending)
Filter... Off
Other Settings... Fonts and other Table View settings
Automatic Formatting... User defined fonts on each message
Format Columns... Specify the display formats for each field
Reset Current View OK Cancel

That's it. Here's my version:

Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000)
Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007

I guess the difference is in the "Professional"?

It's bad enough trying to help with setting things up, but when MS makes
differnt sub-versions of the same application with different menus, then it's
fairly impossible. Blame it on MS!

Becky, it sounds like your version of Outlook 2007 is similar to Cathy's
version, so you'll be better off working this with her.

Dave