RE: Outlook 2003

To make group by conversation work correctly, I've found that I have to
do the following:

1)  choose view menu | arrange by | conversation.

2)  choose view menu | arrange by | current view | customize current
view.  Now you're in a dialog that lets you choose all the same things
the view menu choices do, and it has some extra options.

3)  choose the "other option" button, and in this new dialog uncheck the
checkbox labeled "always show unread or flagged message when grouping by
conversation".  then choose ok and ok.

4)  choose view menu | expand/collapse groups | collapse all groups.

Finally, my messages end up grouped by conversation, and the only thing
I see is the conversation title and the number of messages in that
conversation, unless I choose to expand it.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator