Re: Outlook 2003

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:36:47 -0500

This seems to be normal for the 2003 version.  The program runs in the system
tray until you reboot and continues to receive messages.  It makes sense that
you would not need to put in a password again, because the program has never
really closed.  I often close the active window and re-open it several times
before rebooting.  However, after initially launching Outlook 2003, my hot key
will not re-activate the program and I have to go to either the start menu or
the desktop icon to see the window again.  I cannot seem to do anything with
the Outlook menu in the system tray.  I know another person with 2003 with the
same experience.  I am curious if everyone running the 2003 version has the
same experience.  2002 did not exhibit any of these behaviors.

Cher