Re: Organizing favorites into folders...

  • From: "Blade" <info.rczenterprise@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 02:16:21 -0700

Ok, this is just a clarification.
Regards,

Blade

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yardbird
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:06 AM
  Subject: Re: Organizing favorites into folders...

  Hi Blade,
  Sure, it's Jaws related.  because getting to the My Favorites folder in
  Windows is something obvious to the sighted user who simply sees the
  interface, including what's listed in Windows explorer, but it's just
  another mystery and blind navigational trick that must be learned and then
  memorized by the Jaws user.  Different world.

  Also, though I doubt it needs saying, and with sympathy and apologies to
  Marvin, almost anything is likely to be more Jaws related than a question
  about international copyright law pertaining to the distribution of music
  downloads,containing not a single reference to blind access issues at all,
  let alone screen readers in general or Jaws in particular.  that was a
  doozy, relevance-wise.  and no one objected at all, although I admit I
  laughed out loud when I saw it.  Not out of disrespectfor, or even
  disinterestin, in the legal question, but just because it was so egregiously
  far afield from the list topic area.,

  So, yes, I'd say this is jaws related and a proper thing to be discussed,
  taught and learned on this list.  I respect the opinion of anyone, moderator
  or otherwise, who may feel differently, but personally I didn't feel the
  least bit inconvenienced by that thread.